Intended for attaching of wire rope where switching often occur, e.g. blocks of mobilecranes, or to be able to adjust the length of the wire rope. See recommended assembly to get correct results.
The wedge socket is delivered complete with wedge, pin and cotterpin.
2 surface finishes available:
- Model OWS P : blue painted.
- Model OWS PGAL : Hot dipped galvanized.
Model OWS0.25 and OWS0.5 only standard available in hot dipped galvanized.
- Material: Quenched and tempered cast steel
- Temperature range: -40°C to +100°C - Use at higher temperatures possible with reduction of WLL.
- Finish: Blue painting or hot dipped galvanized
- Note: The efficiency of a 6 and 8 strand wire rope/wedge socket connection is 80% of the minimum breaking load of the wire but limited to the minimum breaking load of the socket (MBL).